Using your thumb and forefinger, carefully grip your LimbO's black seal by its outer edge where it joins the clear plastic LimbO body, and insert your injured limb into the seal opening gently pushing it in.
Note: for leg models fit the LimbO so that your toes are at the pointed end.
Still gripping the LimbO as described above, draw it up over the cast or bandage, allowing the seal to turn inwards as it slides up.
When it is up past the knee or elbow, as high as possible, pull the whole LimbO down a little and the seal will reverse itself turning upwards so that the rubber (inner) surface of the seal is in contact with your skin above the cast or bandage. At this point try and bring the LimbO up still higher, if possible by carefully pulling the seal up a little further, without damaging the rubber.
Ensure that the seal is wrinkle free and be careful not to puncture the LimbO with your fingernails or jewellery.
To avoid damaging the leg models when using a LimbO over a cast it is important that you fit a thick sock or soft cloth over the lower part of the cast, i.e. Between cast and the LimbO, to provide some cushioning for the LimbO.
Please do not walk on a hard floor once the LimbO is fitted.
It is advisable to remove some of the air trapped in the LimbO particularly if it is being used in a bath, to avoid excessive ballooning and floating. This is done by carefully lifting the seal when it is out of the water and squeezing the air out of the LimbO, then letting the seal go back against the skin again.
The LimbO should not be worn for periods in excess of 20 minutes as the trapped air gets quite warm which can cause perspiration and discomfort to the wearer.
Carefully roll the seal back on itself a little and slide the garment off. Please avoid pinching and tearing the rubber seal with your fingernails.
- Hand wash as required, mild disinfectant may be used
- Hang upside down to dry before storage
- Do not fold the seal
- Check that the rubber seal remains undamaged before re-use.
- The LimbO should be used according to the instructions given above
- If used in the water outdoors e.g. in a pool / the sea etc, please exercise caution and be aware of extra hazards such as sharp objects. For safety reasons stay within your depth. Children must be supervised at all times
- LimbO is a non sterile product. It is latex-free and designed to last six to eight weeks with average use
- If you are using your LimbO whilst under medical treatment, ensure the approval of your medical practioner.
SPECIAL FITTING NOTES
The limb circumference should be measured at the point where the LimbO seal attaches above the limb joint or, for full arm/full leg LimbOs, a little above the top of the plaster.
- The limb coverage is measured as follows:
For arm applications, from the point where the LimbO seal attaches to the end of the fingers.
For leg applications, from the point where the LimbO seal attaches to the bottom of the heel.
It is generally found that most adults are suited to standard LimbO adult models but with children reference should be made to the dimensions quoted in the size chart because of their difference in sizes even within the same age groups.